Nina Kennedy was alive…but not living…until she met him.
Planes, trains, heights…you name it, Nina was afraid of it and led a sheltered life ruled by irrational fears and phobias. When she moves to Brooklyn for nursing school, that life is turned upside down, as she develops an intense but unwanted attraction to her gorgeous roommate, who’s pierced, tattooed and just happens to be the smartest person she’s ever met.
Behind Jake Green’s rough exterior and devilish smile, lies a heart of gold. He makes it his mission to change Nina’s outlook on life. When he agrees to tutor her, they forge a bet and the stakes are high as Jake forces Nina to face her demons. He just wasn’t expecting to fall hard for her in the process.
What Nina doesn’t realize, is that Jake has been living his own private hell. Once he drops a bombshell, will their love survive it?
Told in two parts from both Nina and Jake’s points of view, Jake Undone is a standalone story and a companion to the novel, Gemini.
Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.
She is the proud mother of a beautiful 9-year-old girl with autism (the inspiration for the character Callie in Gemini) and a 7-year-old boy, both of whom are the lights of her life. Penelope, her husband and kids reside in Rhode Island.
TWENTY FUN FACTS
PENELOPE WARD: 20 FUN FACTS
1. I am a coffee addict and living around the corner from a Starbucks has been a curse.
2. I am deathly afraid of flying.
3. If I could only choose one food and one drink, it would be Doritos and Coke.
4. I used to watch a lot of television but have barely turned it on since starting my first novel in early 2013.
5. My favorite movie is an Australian romantic comedy from the nineties called Muriel’s Wedding.
6. I have a massive crush on Matt Bomer.
7. In my twenties, I solo-anchored a two-hour morning newscast for a local NBC station for three years.
8. My favorite book is Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson.
9. Overall, I tend to enjoy books that make me nervous, with twists and turns that devastate me. The last book that did that was Arsen by Mia Asher.
10. I have naturally curly hair, which I straighten as much as possible.
11. My 9-year-old daughter has autism and I am going to try to incorporate autism in some small way into all of my books.
12. I wasn’t going to originally write a book based on Jake from Gemini, but enough readers said they wished he had his own story. Thus, Jake Undone.
13. I made my mother promise not to read my second book, so I could make the sex scenes hotter.
14. I get most of my story ideas in the middle of the night after waking from strange dreams.
15. I spend most weekends during the summer singing karaoke during barbecues in my friends’ backyard.
16. I grew up in Boston and went to college there.
17. I have been with my husband for seventeen years, married for eleven. We have nothing in common, but love each other anyway.
18. I have diverse musical tastes. On my iPod, there is a mix of hip hop, R&B, broadway tunes, top 40 and music from the 60’s and 70’s.
19. Although I would love to write full time, I have a day job working from home in customer service for an IT training company.
20. I read every word of every single review written about my books and love hearing from readers.